Application to Master Programs
• Candidates who apply for a post-graduate education based on bilateral agreements to which Istanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University is a party, are accepted as students with the approval of the Senate and the decision of the Graduate School Administrative Board (EYK) and the approval of the Senate. However, these students are required to fulfill the conditions required for the application. For programs that require special talent, it can be taken as basis for evaluating EYK decisions with the relevant department.
• Applications are made within the periods announced in the Academic Calendar.
• Applicants of foreign nationality who are studying abroad are recognized by the higher education institutions where they are trained and approved by Counsil of Higher Education (YÖK) for their education. The required inquiry is made by the University.
• Applicants who have graduated from their countries or abroad whose language of education was English, are not required to take English language proficiency test.
• For foreigners who apply to master programs in Turkish, a Turkish level exam is made by İstanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University, Directorate of Turkish Teaching, Training and Research Center (YÜTÖM) in order to learn if student is capable of studying any program in Turkish, this is not required for those who have B2 certificate acquired from TÖMER certified by YÖK (Counsil of Higher Education) or from similar institutions and for those who have master’s degree taken from a university in Turkey.
• Candidates who are found to be inadequate are required to attend the courses given by İstanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University Turkish Teaching Practice and Research Center (YÜTÖM) or to bring a certificate from other Turkish Teaching Centers at B2 level. Candidates can start their graduate studies from the semester following the date they have proved that they have knowledge of Turkish at B2 level.
• Candidates are allowed to study for at most two semesters. The length of the course is not counted during the learning period. At the end of this period, the student who is not successful will be dismissed from the relevant Institute.
• Conditions for acceptance by way of transfer are determined by the EABD opinion and EYK decision which opened the relevant program.
• Candidates of Turkish nationality who are studying abroad should apply to YÖK for the equivalence of their higher education institution.
The REQUIRED documents, required for the application must be provided in full. Applications made with missing documents will not be evaluated. Submission of RECOMMENDED documents is not mandatory, but will be effective in the evaluation phase.