Qualifications Of Applicants For Application
Application to Master Programs
• Candidates who apply for a post-graduate education based on bilateral
agreements to which Istanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University is a party, are
accepted as students with the approval of the Senate and the decision of
the Graduate School Administrative Board (EYK) and the approval of the
Senate. However, these students are required to fulfill the conditions
required for the application. For programs that require special talent, it
can be taken as basis for evaluating EYK decisions with the relevant
• Applications are made within the periods announced in the Academic Calendar.
• Applicants of foreign nationality who are studying abroad are recognized
by the higher education institutions where they are trained and approved by
Counsil of Higher Education (YÖK) for their education. The required inquiry
is made by the University.
• Applicants who have graduated from their countries or abroad whose
language of education was English, are not required to take English
language proficiency test.
• For foreigners who apply to master programs in Turkish, a Turkish level
exam is made by İstanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University, Directorate of Turkish
Teaching, Training and Research Center (YÜTÖM) in order to learn if student
is capable of studying any program in Turkish, this is not required for
those who have B2 certificate acquired from TÖMER certified by YÖK (Counsil
of Higher Education) or from similar institutions and for those who have
master’s degree taken from a university in Turkey.
• Candidates who are found to be inadequate are required to attend the
courses given by İstanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University Turkish Teaching Practice
and Research Center (YÜTÖM) or to bring a certificate from other Turkish
Teaching Centers at B2 level. Candidates can start their graduate studies
from the semester following the date they have proved that they have
knowledge of Turkish at B2 level.
• Candidates are allowed to study for at most two semesters. The length of
the course is not counted during the learning period. At the end of this
period, the student who is not successful will be dismissed from the
• Conditions for acceptance by way of transfer are determined by the EABD
opinion and EYK decision which opened the relevant program.
• Candidates of Turkish nationality who are studying abroad should apply to
YÖK for the equivalence of their higher education institution.
The REQUIRED documents, required for the application must be provided
in full. Applications made with missing documents will not be
evaluated. Submission of RECOMMENDED documents is not mandatory, but
will be effective in the evaluation phase.